Today I bring you another delicious side dish, oven roasted potatoes. Once they come out hot from the oven, they’re crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. If you like potatoes, then this is the perfect recipe to make, and on top of that, it’s way healthier than making fried potatoes.
I’m not sure if I had told you this before, but my sister is one of those people who will die for anything made with potatoes, she simply adores them. And whenever I make this recipe, I always have to make a bit more so she can have her way with them.
- 1½ lb small or medium red potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Rinse and dry potatoes really well. Cut them in half or in quarters.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss them well to coat them with this mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a baking pan and roast them for 45 minutes to an 1 hour, or until they're golden brown. Makes sure to toss them half way during cooking to make sure they brown evenly on all sides. Remove them from the oven, sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.