A quick and easy recipe that will impress any of your guests has got to be anything made with pasta and a creamy sauce. That’s why when I first got serious about learning how to cook I stuck with pasta, because it was impossible to mess up. That first recipe that I learned how to make by heart was the delicious beef linguine that I posted on the blog early last year.
The next recipe that I learned how to make was chicken Alfredo with fettuccine. I really wanted to learn how to make a good Alfredo sauce that I could serve with any kind of pasta and with either chicken or shrimp without using the stuff that comes in jar. And this could not be easier. Just get some heavy cream, season it with garlic and salt and then add Parmesan cheese. Then, add some seasoned chicken if you want and the next thing you know, you’re done.
Believe me when I say that you can make this delicious creamy pasta in less than 20 minutes and all your guests will be really impressed.
- ½ lb (450 g) fettuccine
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups (360 ml) heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the linguine. Cook pasta until it's al dente according to the directions on the package. Once it's cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pound both chicken breast halves with a meat mallet or rolling pin to make them flat and even. Season both sides of the chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and let them rest for about 5 minutes. Then, chop chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large pan, add the minced garlic and season with salt. Bring to a slow simmer over medium heat. Now add the grated Parmesan cheese, stir and simmer for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Test for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Stir in the cooked pasta and chicken. Serve immediately and grate more Parmesan on top if you want.